What is an operator?
Operators on the BookIt network are New Zealand tourism businesses who want to maximise their online presence via the BookIt reseller network and/or ensure they are offering best in market booking services on their own website.
Here is a little background info on BookIt:
- NZ’s established and proven online booking marketplace/system for the tourism industry
- BookIt has the services and tools to enable any website to securely process and transact online bookings. This not only adds a must-have service but more importantly generates revenue and gives you the ultimate measurement tool
- The online marketplace is made up of two databases, which connect via the booking system:
- The Operator network includes 3000+ NZ tourism suppliers using BookIt services in their own website or to distribute their inventory via the reseller network
- The Reseller network features our very own Travelbug, Yellow Pages/NZ Tourism Online, the majority of RTO websites and over 100 other 3rd party websites
- There are no up-front or on-going costs to have a BookIt account. If you use BookIt in your own website and you are an accommodation provider, the booking fee is 4.5% plus gst with a payment processing fee of 2.89% plus gst. For other types of operators the booking fee is 8% (including credit card fees.) Bookings via the reseller network cost up to 15% commission (the reseller partner and BookIt share the commission portion).